4/5/10

It Runs In The Family (I Hope)

Last night, the topic on photography suddenly came up when my relatives asked me what I wanted to do after I graduate. Since I am a Communication Arts major, I said that I wanted to pursue photography. They immediately asked me to search Teodulo Protomartir online--one of the greatest photographers in the Philippines back in the 30's-70's who happens to be my great-grandfather. I don't think I got exposed to his photographs when I was younger (I didn't have the chance to meet him. :( ) but some fortunate soul was able to retrieve his negatives and posted them online for everyone to see. (thank you!!!)

Teodulo Protomartir

Some of his amazing works:

Lovely Leicas!

This makes me feel so proud of my family. :) I hope to be as great as him someday!

No comments: